News & Notes!
The Sealy Economic Development Corporation posts notable news, iinformation and agendas on this page.
Check out the Sealy YMCA
Check out the Sealy YMCA - serving the Sealy community with exciting programs for all ages.
The Sealy YMCA has a variety of programs that are currently being offered at various locations in Sealy. Click here to review the programs, services and contact information for the Sealy Extension YMCA. Don't miss out on their great programs!
Ten Steps for Starting A Business
Starting a business involves planning, making key financial decisions and completing a series of legal activities. The Small Business Administration (SBA) provides these 10 easy steps to help you plan, prepare and manage your business. Below are the recommended steps:
1. Write a business plan - this written guide will help you map out how you will start and run your business successfully.
2. Get Business Assistance and Training - take advantage of free training and counseling services.
3. Choose a Business Location - get advice on how to select a customer-friendly location and comply with laws.
4. Finance your Business - find financial information to get you started.
5. Determine the Legal Structure of Your Business - decide which form of ownership is best for you.
6. Register a Business Name ("Doing Business As") - register your name with your state government.
7. Get a Tax Identification Number - learn which tax identification number you will need to obtain from the IRS and your state revenue agency.
8. Register for State and Local Taxes - register with your state to obtain a tax identification number, etc.
9. Obtain Business Licenses and Permits - various licenses may be required for your business.
10. Understand Employer Responsibilities - learn the legal steps you need to hire employees.
The Blinn College Small Business Development Center can provide you with assistance whether you are just starting a business, experiencing your first growing pains, or ready to move your business to the next level. For more information, call 979/830/4137 or click on the following link:
Events in Sealy
If you are looking for events in the area, please visit the Sealy Convention and Visitors Bureau website or contact the Sealy Chamber of Commerce at 979-885-3222. Click here for more information.
Linked files are in PDF format. If needed, you can download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader here.